This course is made to provide the candidates with theoretical and practical foundation in the skills required to install, maintain electrical equipment associated with industry. The module will include both theoretical and practical elements including health and safety. It will ensure that the candidate has the opportunity to experience the practical skills required and the basics to understand what they are doing. Trainees should be in a position to sit for a grade 111 trade testing after training.
Weekdays: 1700hrs to 1900hrs
Saturdays: 0800hrs to 1600hrs
Total hours will be 140 hrs
After completion, trainees should be able to:
- Use and read a multimetre tester
- Detect a faulty circuit
- Wire a domestic circuit
- Repair faulty appliances
- Interpret a drawing using electrical symbols
- Differentiate between a low and a high voltage
- Implement relevant safety practices
- Apply Ohm’s laws
- Differentiate types of materials
At least Junior Certificate with Maths and Science.