The course is made to provide the candidates with theoretical and practical foundation in the skills required to install, maintain refrigeration equipment associated with domestic or industry. The module will include both theoretical and practical elements including health and safety. It will ensure that the candidate has the opportunity to experience the practical skills required and the basics to understand what they are doing.
Weekdays: 1700hrs to 1900hrs
Saturdays: 0800hrs to 1600hrs
Total hours will be 140 hrs
After completion, trainees should be able to:
- Use and read a multimetre tester
- Implement relevant safety practices
- Use different types of refrigerants
- Do refrigeration welding
- Vacuum a refrigerator system
- Differentiate types of materials.
At least Junior Certificate with Maths and Science.