This course introduces the motor mechanic/ semi-skilled personnel on auto electrical practice and theory. This will ensure that the learner is able to maintain all electrical systems in a motor vehicle.
8 weeks (Weekends) 0800hrs to 1300hrs
After completion, trainees should be able to:
- Apply ohm’s law in diagnostics of auto electrical circuits and systems
- Differentiate between parallel and series circuits
- Use a multimeter to measure for different values in a circuit
- Find faults using a multimeter
- Interpret the different wiring diagrams
- Test faulty relays
- Maintain an automobile battery
- Test the charging system
- Find faults in starting systems
At least a junior certificate and exposure to motor vehicle in a garage.