The Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery is aimed at learners who work or want to work in the construction industry and specialise in working with wood. There are four trade areas available: site carpentry, bench joinery, shopfitting joinery, and wood machining.
This qualification is aimed at people wishing to learn some skills in carpentry and joinery, to progress on to becoming skilled in their chosen trade, or to progress through an apprenticeship and work towards becoming a master craftsman.
- Handtools and Workshop procedure
- Powered Handtools
- Woodwork Machines
- Timber and other materials
- Form work
- Joinery fitments and wallpanelling
- Timber floors
- Doors, frames and linings
- Communication Skills
- Drawings and sketches
- Applied technology
- Work planning, implementation and checking results
- Development of interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Bench Joiner
- Shopfitting Joiner
- Wood Machiner
- Any three (3) Credits at SGCSE/IGCSE level or Equivalent.