This course equips the artisan with skills on the proper testing procedures of motor vehicle systems.
2 weeks (Weekends) 1400hrs to 1600hrs
After completion, trainees should be able to:
- Measure the engine block and ascertain its condition
- Overhaul the cylinder head and replace it back to the engine
- Perform tests on the cylinder-head for its serviceability
- Strip, inspect and adjust brakes properly
- Observe health and safety on brakes
- Strip , measure and repair a manual transmission
- Perform an engine tune-up on a motor vehicle
- Test and report on battery condition
- Strip, test and repair a starter motor
- Test, strip and adjust a diesel engine injector
Grade 2 and 3 Trade Test Certificate in Motor Mechanics.